3/21/11

We are buying a House!!


So our big New Year's Resolution was to purchase a home!!
Tim and I have been thinking quite some time about this, and I guess that there's just that moment in your life that you just have to make the decision and go for it!! I am usually the risk taker in our family, but this time Tim was all for it and he's actually been way more excited and anxious about it than I have. I think he's really looking forward to all the little projects we'll have! Not that I'm not excited, I'm just a little shaky this time, lol...
We found our cute home the first day we went to look at houses! It's so funny how you just know the moment you walk in. We looked at some other homes just to ease our minds (or at least not to be called "crazy"), but we just couldn't get that one off our minds. So back in January we put in an offer and....well, we've been waiting!! Unfortunately (or maybe not) it's a short sale, so it's taking a while BUT we are getting a killer deal!! We are not totally there yet...we're still waiting for some of the bureaucracy to work itself out, but hopefully we'll be homeowners soon!! The kids don't quite understand it yet, but they get excited when we show them pictures!! I think they'll love it!
Yeah for us!!

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you guys! This is an important step in our lives, to purchase your first home. I hope everything works out and you`ll hear from them soon. However, I know that home is what Tim, you and the kids are together, a big loving family and you`ll always have that home to fall back to.
    Ultimately, I hope we`ll be having a fun housewarming party over there and that I can borrow many cups of sugar from you guys.
    Love,
    Silmara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Silmara and Summer. Sil, I love what you wrote...thanks for always being such a good friend!! I will for sure have a housewarming party....and many other parties with my cute friends! :-)

    ReplyDelete